By MIKE LARKIN and ANDREA MAGRATH
Cliffhanger: It looks like the smile may be wiped from Charlie Sheen's face after it emerged today his character in Two and a Half Men is going to be killed off
They say there is always a way back in showbiz.
But it looks like any lingering hopes hell-raising actor Charlie Sheen had of making a dramatic return to hit sitcom Two and a Half Men have finally been laid to rest.
It has been revealed on TMZ that when Two and a Half Men returns the screen will turn dark for just a minute or two because Alan and Jake will learn Sheen character Charlie Harper bit the dust.
Show creator Chuck Lorre's wants is to make sure his character Charlie Harper can never come back on the show, with mooted scenarios for his death including him driving a car over a cliff.
Such a storyline would be a real kick-in-the-teeth for the actor, as he has twice had his car stolen and driven off a Los Angeles precipice in the last year.
The show's creator is also toying with the idea that Ashton Kutcher's proposed new character could star in the show after buying Harper's old house.
However it looks like Sheen could come back from the dead quicker than expected, as it has emerged he is being lined up to star in a new show
It has been claimed the star has signed a lucrative deal with Lionsgate Television for a new sitcom that will cash in on his notoriety.
A bidding war is now said to be under way among broadcasters to land the rights to the show.
But life continues to lurch from one extreme to the other for the troubled actor, as it also emerged the 45-year-old has lost his last remaining ‘goddess’ Natalie Kenly after she dumped the star and moved out of his home.
But the news he has penned a money-spinning deal that could see him earning more than ever before is sure to sweeten the blow.
An insider told RadarOnline: ‘Charlie has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star in a new sitcom.’
‘Charlie's character will be very similar to the one he played on Two And a Half Men, however the show will be a lot racier.
Half an idea: Actor Charlie Sheen's new show is rumoured to be a more extreme version of his ratings topper Two And a Half Men
‘Networks and cable are bidding on the show right now, with TBS being the front runner.
‘TBS recently expanded their comedy division with the acquisition of The Conan O'Brien Show after his fall out with NBC.
‘Plus cable makes more sense because it offers more creative freedom.
‘In other words the show can be raunchier and more outrageous, which is perfect for Charlie.’
It will could see the controversial star, who was sacked from his ratings winning starring vehicle Two And a Half Men, raking in even more cash than before.
He will not be getting paid the $2million (£1.25million) per episode he received the smash hit show.
Split: Charlie sheen's last-remaining 'goddess' Natalie Kenly has split from the troubled actor
However it is understood he will get a share of the profits, known as a back-end deal, which means in the long run he could make much more than he did on the CBS show.
The insider added: ‘Lionsgate Television will produce the show.
‘They have committed to ten episodes up front with the option to pick-up and produce 90 more episodes if the ratings prove to be successful.
‘This means the sitcom could be on TV for 8 years, which is a long time.
‘It also means that Charlie will make more money than ever before.’
Whether Sheen will actually be able to make it through a whole season, never mind eight years, is another story.
The Hot Shots! actor has had a troubled time since he was sacked from from hit sitcom Two And a Half Men in March.
Happier times: The couple were last seen together celebrating Natalie's 25th birthday on June 2
After being permanently replaced by Ashton Kutcher in Two and a Half Men, it has been revealed that the 45-year-old's last-remaining 'goddess' has dumped him.
Natalie Kenly, 25, moved out of the self-proclaimed 'warlock's' home a week ago.
The duo were last seen together happily celebrating Natalie's birthday at the W hotel in Los Angeles on June 2.
But TMZ reports that Miss Kenly, who was nanny to Sheen's twins Bob and Max, packed her bags just a fortnight later.
According to the celebrity website, the Wall Street star has demanded that Natalie return the Mercedes he bought her while they were together.
However, Miss Kenly's mother Hanny came forward to insist she had no problem returning the car.
She told RadarOnline.com: 'Natalie is doing really well but I just want to protect my daughter. The car she was using has been returned - my daughter never kept Charlie Sheen's Mercedes. It was never taken in the first place those stories are not true.'
Bizarre: Other 'goddess,' porn star Bree Olsen (left, pictured with Sheen, Natalie and his children Bob and Max) left sheen's unusual living arrangements in April
Miss Kenly's departure comes two months after fellow 'goddess' Rachel Orbelin, aka Bree Olsen, left.
The porn star dumped Sheen by text message in April after leaving, and then returning to Sheen in early March.
Natalie remained with Charlie and accompanied him on his Violent Torpedo of Truth tour.
It appeared that all was well between the pair at Natalie's birthday parties earlier this month.
They cuddled and laughed in front of photographers as they partied with friends at the Nine Thirty restaurant at the W hotel.
Last month it was confirmed that Ashton Kutcher was replacing Sheen as the star of Two and a Half Men.
Following the announcement, Sheen told TMZ: 'Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer... Oh wait, so am I!!'
'Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton,' he added, referring to the show's creator and his nemesis, Chuck Lorre. 'There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there.'
Personal and professional woes: It was confirmed last month that Sheen has been replaced on his sitcom Two and a Half Men by Ashton Kutcher